Celebrity Esthetician Joanna Czech's Top 5
One of our favorite past times is asking the many makeup artists and skincare professionals we come acrosswhat we should be doing with ourselves – and by ‘ourselves’ we mean our skin. And because there are so many products on the market and we like to see people squirm, our favorite way to do that is to force them to narrow their makeup bag down to their top five.
Today’s victim: celebrity esthetician Joanna Czech. As one of the top estheticians, Joanna has worked with the likes of Dior, Givenchy, SKII, and Maybelline and her work has appeared on the covers of Vogue, Porter, Elle, and Harper’s Bazaar. Point being, if anyone knows what you should be spending your beauty budget on, it’s Joanna. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Just ask Anna Wintour, Uma Thurman and Cate Blanchett (to name drop a few).
And when you’re done with that (tell Anna we said hey girl!) and have been thoroughly convinced of her expertise on the subject, read on for the five products Joanna couldn’t live without.
- “Protective Nourishment Pumpkin Enzyme Masque – I love this powerful anti-oxidant rich masque. It has 5% glycolic acid and is full of natural enzymes that will help achieve clear, radiant skin by removing dead skin cells. This is great as a weekly masque, or even as a spot treatment for people with acne prone skin, or hyper pigmentation.
- Valmont Eye Treatment (I-III) – Valmont eye treatments (I, II, III) are an antidote against fine lines and wrinkles. I like to use the first three treatments in the series. The Expression Line Reducer (I) has muscle-relaxing tripeptide, which is inspired by snake venom. The Firming Lifting Corrector (II) decreases the depth of wrinkles, leaves skin smoother with a brighter tone and actively fights against settling of skin around the eyes. Dermo-Structuring Master (III) helps to improve skin affected by the hormonal disruptions that occur with aging.
- Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask – Tatcha’s Deep Hydration Lifting Mask is one of my favorite sheet masks. The red algae blend and the bioactive complex help promote the appearance of luminous skin while infusing it with moisture.
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 – Skin is so delicate, it is merely made up of water and lipids. It can be hard to find products to protect your skin, but Biologique Recherche offers the ultimate defense against free radicals with their P50 lotion. Be warned, the lotion has a pungent smell, but its magic. P50 is an exfoliating toner that neutralizes the PH in your skin, and is made up of lactic acid, witch hazel, and many vitamins. It makes your skin look brighter, cleaner, and clearer.
- La Mer Body Crème and Lip Balm – La Mer’s Body Crème is my favorite body lotion. It’s like a seaweed wrap in a jar, this rich cream saturates skin in a wave of long-lasting hydration. The lotion helps break the cycle of dryness and dehydration to give skin a new softness and suppleness. Also, I can’t go anywhere without my La Mer Lip Balm—it’s luxurious and intensely reparative. I can’t get enough of the minty smell.”
— Joanna Czech