Even with adequate sun protection, the extreme temps and intense UV rays of summer can leave skin dehydrated, inflamed, and looking lackluster — making after-sun care just as important as preventive measures.
Our exclusive summer treatment, The Cryo Drainage Facial, utilizes the power of cold therapy to activate recovery and transform the health and appearance of your skin. Cryotherapy and lymphatic drainage treatments combine to soothe, lift, and tighten your skin resulting in a sculpted visage and a glowing complexion.
Learn all about our latest facial created to keep your skin refreshed and radiant all summer long. And for those unable to visit our studios, don't worry — we'll share all the details on how you can unlock the benefits of a cryo facial treatment from the comfort of home.
Understanding the Cryo Drainage Facial
The Cryo Drainage Facial combines cryotherapy (cold therapy) with lymphatic drainage techniques. Cold temperatures help constrict blood vessels, reducing inflammation, redness, and puffiness. Then once the skin re-establishes its normal temperature, the blood vessels dilate, increasing circulation and the flow of nutrients and oxygen to the skin and eventually helping remove toxins from the body.
The drainage portion of the cryo facial treatment combines the detoxing effects of cryotherapy with clearing facial massage techniques. Drainage massage includes precise movements and gentle pushing using either massage tools or the hands.
Although Cryo Drainage Facials can be beneficial year-round, our skin responds best to cold therapy during the hot, sunny summer months. Key components of the treatment include the cryo facial machine, and cryo sticks for a cooling and tightening effect that quickly depuffs, wakes up the skin, and boosts product penetration. At the same time, soothing serums and chilled face masks calm the complexion.
Benefits of Getting a Cryo Drainage Facial Weekly
Beyond the instant visible results and refreshing sensation, cryotherapy facials can improve your skin’s overall health and promote a youthful appearance. Here are the benefits of regular cryo drainage facials for your skin:
Improved lymphatic drainage - Circulation boosting cold therapy plus gentle detoxifying massage removes toxins and waste from the skin, helping reduce puffiness, undereye bags, and improving facial contour.
Increased blood circulation - Enhanced blood circulation delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the skin, promoting skin rejuvenation and a revitalized complexion. Product penetration and hydration are also enhanced.
Skin tightening and firming effects - Temporarily, cold temps cause blood vessels to constrict and excess fluids to pull away from the surface. Cryo facials also stimulate collagen production, promoting skin elasticity and firmness and slowing the effects of aging.
- Reduction of skin inflammation and redness - Anything “cryo” is anti-inflammatory, which helps speed up healing in the body and calming irritated or sensitive skin conditions, including heat-induced postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Calms acne and rosacea symptoms - Cold temperatures are antibacterial while also calming, reducing vasodilation (the widening of blood vessels). Icing inflamed acne can calm the irritated area and even reduce excessive oil production.
Recommended Products For At Home Cryo Drainage Facials
We recommend our Cryotherapy facials once a week for optimum results. You can keep up with your weekly treatments by incorporating these products at home.
These cold therapy tools help reduce redness and inflammation while also aiding in lymphatic drainage.
Cryo masks and serums
These soothing, cooling, and hydrating products are gentle enough for all skin conditions and skin types.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are cryo drainage facials suitable for all skin types?
Because of the soothing modalities, this facial can benefit every skin type, including sensitive and acne-prone skin. Of course, in-studio treatments are always tailored to the client’s specific needs, and products will vary.
Q: How often should you do a cryo drainage facial at home?
- We recommend performing a version of the cryo drainage facial at home or in our studios at least once a week, especially if you are spending time in high temperatures and direct sun.
Q: Can at-home cryo drainage facials replace professional treatments?
- It’s almost impossible to replicate a professional treatment at home unless you have an esthetician visit you for a house call. Estheticians have deep knowledge of how the skin reacts to its environment and products, allowing them to provide expert recommendations. If you can make it into our studios once a week, that’s amazing, but we understand this isn’t feasible for everyone.
Q: What are some alternative methods for lymphatic drainage?
- When following our drainage protocol, our Facial Massager provides lymphatic drainage, which helps reduce puffiness and dark circles. There are also manual massage techniques that encourage detoxification. It’s best to explore and find what works best for you.
Q: Are cryogenic facials safe?
- Cold therapy is an incredibly safe and effective skincare practice if you follow a few simple rules. Cold therapy should never feel painful. This is why we recommend keeping your Facial Massager and Cryo Sticks in the refrigerator, not the freezer, and never applying ice cubes directly on the skin. If you’re still wondering whether cold therapy is right for you, check with your esthetician or a healthcare professional.
Weekly cryo drainage facials improve detoxification, increase blood circulation, promote skin tightening, and reduce inflammation. So, if your skin is feeling the effects of summer’s extreme heat and sunshine, you may benefit from this exclusive treatment in-studio or incorporated into your skincare routine for healthier, glowing skin.